Graduation Countdown

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Week 7 Story: Mario and Luigi

It was Mario and his brethren vs Luigi and his brethren. Luigi is Mario's half brother but because Mario has always had the attention everyone thought he was of little value. Mario took his princess because he was not royal enough. Since he a half brother who was raised by a lowly Koopa he was unworthy. Everyone bragged of how great of a Warrior Mario was but never Luigi. Luigi was an expert in fireballs but no one ever gave him the chance except Mario's evil brother Waluigi. He took Luigi in and treated him like royalty which made Luigi very loyal to him. When Waluigi told Luigi of his plan to take over Mario and his kingdom, Luigi was excited to prove his skills.

The battle had already been going for 13 days with no end in sight. Significant losses on both sides. It was brothers against brothers, fathers against sons, advisers vs subjects. The kingdom was in disorder. Mario and his brother Wario, and his side had already lost their sons.
On the other side Luigi and Waluigi lost their greatest strength, their advisor Toad. Waluigi gave Luigi full control of this army.

The next day, Luigi made arrangements for the biggest battle that will ever occur. Everyone knew it would come down to this but with all the bloodshed and loss on both sides,  no one but Luigi was looking forward to it.

At high noon, Luigi starred down Mario. Mario did not flinch and looked across the battlefield at his brother Luigi. Luigi stepped forward. All of the side battles ceased and all eyes were on the two brothers. Mario wanted peace and Luigi wanted to prove he was the best warrior. "Brother, let us end this now. We do not have to fight. Look around you, this needs to end", Mario said before he was cut off. "Oh, this will end. It will end once I destroy you!" Luigi said with a smirk on his face. Mario shed a tear and with a heavy heart said, "so be it."



(Mario vs Luigi. Source: GenoStar)

Luigi began throwing his his green fireballs toward Mario who quickly jumped to the side and threw his red fireballs. When Mario was catching his breath, Luigi threw a fireball and it hit Mario's hand. He was wounded. Luigi decided to capitalize on an injured Mario. He kept throwing fireballs towards Mario who had to jump around to dodge them. Mario jumped up on a rock and slammed his body down into the Earth sending a wave of rocks and dirt toward Luigi. Luigi could not see but continued to throw fireballs all around him. The onlookers had to run because now they were getting attacked and burned from Luigi's fireballs.

Mario figured this was his time with the now blind Luigi throwing fireballs in every direction. When a fireball came towards him he took out his secret weapon. It was a cape. He put it on and used the cape to deflect the fireball away. The cape did not even burn. When another fireball came towards him, he deflected it right back to Luigi. It was a direct hit. Luigi fell to the crown and wailing in pain. Mario determined to end his pain and finish this battle for sake of eventually peace conjured up a fireball as big as Bowser and shot it towards Luigi. When the smoke dissipated, there was just a shadow of Luigi's body in the earth but the body was gone.



Authors Note: I used Arjuna and Karna as my template for this story. Arjuna is Mario and Karna is Luigi. These two bothers had to fight each other in one of the deadliest battles of the who war. Instead of using bows to attack each other I used the ability of throwing fireballs. It only seemed fit that I carried on the use of Mario in my stories. We always see Mario and Luigi working together so I figured why not see what happens when they are against each other and I thought this would be the perfect story for it.

Bibliography:
Source. Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913). Arjuna and Karna.








6 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua,

    When I was scrolling through the blog stream and I saw a story named Mario and Luigi I got so excited and it did not disappoint! Right before I read your story I read another one that also added a twist of a Lakshmana character getting revenge for his lack of recognition. I really liked how you made the story your own and your use of details throughout the story made me feel like I was watching it happen right in front of me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua, I enjoyed reading your story, Mario and Luigi. I enjoyed your theme of the whole story, as I love spending so time playing video games. The new smash game just came out and I love playing it with my roommates. I am kinda sad Luigi was killed in the battle. Mario does always get the attention but now with Luigi gone Mario will for sure get 100% of the attention. I wish Waluigi was the one who died but then again if one of the favorite characters dies the story it is always more meaningful like in movies. Again I enjoyed reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using Mario and Luigi as Arjuna and Karna was a brilliant idea. I always liked Luigi so I was excited to see how this story was going end. I'm not gonna lie I was hoping he would come out victorious. He did go kind of on the evil side though so it makes sense that he didn't win. Overall, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s stange that in the actual lore for the plumber brothers, Luigi is def just shunned away and consider a big wimp (Luigi’s Mansion?) while Mario always takes the spotlight as the saviour of the day. I guess finally letting Luigi fight back and prove how good he is to Mario is great for your Mario and Luigi world building. At the end you feel bad for Luigi...in the middle you feel bad for Mario...and at the beginning you feel bad for Luigi again. Mario seems to be such an ass, but when your bro doesn’t give up trying to destroy you what else are you gonna do but blast him to nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joshua! As soon I started reading I knew which story of the Mahabharata you were retelling! This is one of my favorite stories from it, so your Mario version made it 10x better! Your last sentence about Luigi's body was gone and only a shadow left, gave me the chills! Good job!

    ReplyDelete