Graduation Countdown

Monday, March 4, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing

I have really enjoyed the reading assignments! They have all been so fascinating, sometimes I would just continue reading the next day's assignment reading because I could not stop! The writing assignments are also pretty fun. It allows me to practice my creative and writing skills using a story we read that week. This has definitely been useful when writing my website project because without all these weeks of practice I would have been very stressed and found this assignment very difficult to do.

I am pretty satisfied with my blog. I like it but I love my project website! Probably because I have a bit more freedom and am actually telling an a story that takes place over a period of time. Also, because it is about Rick and Morty!!

I think my biggest accomplishment has been finally starting to be more articulate and detailed and able to come up with ideas. At first I had no idea what I was going to write about and how I would do so. I don't think I am the best writer which is why I was unsure of how everything would be. I would say I have grown and am more confident in my writing!

I think my favorite reading was the Mahabharata and the war that occurred. This had a lot going on with the characters and really involved the gods and a wide range of cast. It was also interesting with the brothers of Karna and Arjuna.


My notes have helped me greatly! Mainly what I write my weekly story about is based off a story I took notes on during the week. In my notes I also write ways in how I can make it different, what I liked and did not liked, and what I wondered what would happen if something else happened. This allows me to remember these things when I start writing my own story and I can more easily create a story.



(Journey to Hell. Wikimedia)
This is one of my favorite images that I used when doing my reading assignments. It shows Yudhishthira going into hell. If you look closely you can see the path he walks on is full of skeletons and that there are demons or beasts with wings and look terrifying. It seems very dark except the light by the god that is leading him. To me this shows his trust and his courage. It is just an image that really draws me and makes me think of the afterlife and my faith in God. 


The only thing I can think of about getting more in the future is maybe more images. It was very helpful with the Sita video to visualize what was happening and it was in a creative way. I know there may not be things like this but maybe images about the scenery or the gods or characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment