Graduation Countdown

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Topic Brainstorm

(Reincarnation. Source: Wikipedia)



1. Reincarnation
I am pretty interested in reincarnation. I have always heard of this but never quite understood what it meant exactly and why or how they came to believe this. I know that the soul of the person is just reborn or put in another substance which could be an animal, person, or thing. I really want to learn more about this and see how it could be used in story telling. Like if a story has a war and the person died what would happen if they came back, how would they live their live knowing what happened in the previous life. Would they repeat how they lived before or changed? Also, how their new body would affect them and their abilities and strengths and weaknesses.
My first source was Wikipedia. Reading about reincarnation.


2. Love Stories
I really enjoy love stories. They truly are about the heart and the will of the person. I would want to learn more about why these two characters would want to be together and see to what extent would they go to be with one another. I think separating the two characters and seeing at what event if any would they not want to be together. I think love stories on TV sometimes miss the point. They have a happy ending but what happens after. It would also be an interesting take on a story of what happens after the two characters get together. Was it just pure emotion and once the "honeymoon" phase departs will they still be together or will they move on? To me love is more than just an emotion it is about sacrificing for the other person and choosing to be with them. For example if you are upset with your significant other you still love them but you aren't "feeling in love" or the emotion of "being in love" or "love".  I learned about Rama and Sita and would be interested in exploring this relationship.
Source: Wikipedia

(Love Couple. Source: Pexels)


3. Animals
In the real and natural world animals just act on instinct and pattern to some extent. We do know they can think and learn but again to some extent. But in the non-natural world, like in storybooks they can do anything. Learning how to bring an animal to life so that they can act and talk and think like a human would be interesting. In this story made humans acted like how animals do or the animals can talk like we can but cannot understand humans or maybe animals become superior to humans. There are a range of stories that can be created from this. Also just seeing how the different animals interact. Are they still friendly with one another or more violent? Would they still eat and act the same how we see them in real life or would they be making and cooking food?
I took a look at Monkey stories which is a comic book to see how the author brings these monkeys to life and characterizes them.
Source: Blogspot



4. Immortals
This also caught my attention when I saw the title. As a person of faith to be immortal here on earth is not what I would desire. I do not want to live forever. It made me think of Wolverine from the Marvel comics. It would be good and bad to live and see everything. But it would be worse to live somewhere, make friends and see them die or have to move because you do not ever age and do not want people to know you live forever else you would be subjected to tests. That would be interesting too? If this character was caught and they analyzed what made them live forever and looking at the ethics at this. Is it right to take away their freedom and in hopes of being able to cure people and save everyone? I wonder why they have people who live forever and what they actually do.
I looked at Wikipedia to find be my initial source.




No comments:

Post a Comment