Graduation Countdown

Monday, January 14, 2019

My 3 Storybook Favorites



Looney Tunes Goes to India

This one really caught my eye. Growing up I always loved to watch Looney Tunes. The title easily  told me what this would be about and is why I clicked on it. If you had never seen Looney Tunes it might not be as interesting but I really enjoyed how the writer made a story of the Tunes going to India. Since I knew the characters it was easy to see why the writer made them these certain roles. Reading the stories was very entertaining, especially with the way the writer wrote the lines. I could totally see how Bugs would say the certain things or just how Yosemite Sam would act. The layout was perfect I thought, it gave a back story (or intro) and then proceeded to tell stories of their adventure in India based on Indian epics. The author made these characters come to life in their own story.



(Looney Tunes. Source: Flickr)




Diary of a Wanderer in India

This one made me a bit confused at first, only because I thought they were trying to do a spin of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. However, I still enjoyed this one once I understood what it was meant to be. As a world traveler,  I really liked this perspective of telling a epic from a diary. When I go traveling, I do like writing down what I saw that day and the total experience so this reminded me of that. The style of the text almost seems as if it was chosen because it seems like handwriting even though it is text. This adds more character to the story as well as the inclusion of the dates at the top of each story.  The way the table of contents is set up on the left is better for this kind of blog. For the Tunes it was at the top and for that kind of story I think that method is preferred.



Epic Couples

From the title I didn't know really how the author would set up the story or background, I just knew it would be about epic couples. Once I started reading, it was really interesting. The author developed a great back story and was intriguing. The intro gave me a sneak peak about the stories I would be reading about which I really enjoyed. The author said this was a book of short love stories. The way this was written was similar to that of a book while the other storybooks were different in their layout. This might have made this one harder to read or to stay focused because it was a lot of text, I might have added more pictures or tried to break it up a bit somehow. I also liked how for the most part each story or intro had a picture before going into the writing. This made it captivating and the image was able to remain with you as you read the story instead of waiting til the end to have a visual image.

(Love story. Source: Pixabay)



No comments:

Post a Comment