Graduation Countdown

Friday, January 18, 2019

Time Strategies



(Time Management. Source: Maxpixel)

The two articles that I selected were "How to Beat Procrastination" and "11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time". Out of all the titles, these two stuck out to me. Although I do not procrastinate a lot, at least I think, I thought it would be useful to learn some skills on how to handle it when I do see myself start to procrastinate. In the article I really liked how they said to commit publicly, which basically is so others can keep you accountable. Something else that I have already used in life, not really for procrastination, is asking why. Some of these could be "why am I doing this?" or "Why is this hard to do?". In the other article about how unsuccessful people use their time, I loved how it was just pointing out quickly and efficiently what these people do and how to fix it. The article included that these people should plan their time, which I already do, but then under another tip they added that the unsuccessful people do not plan "fun time". This really struck me because yeah this is just as important as work because else you can easily get burned out and not want to stick to the schedule you created because it is difficult and not fun. 

Using the tips I learned from these articles will help me become more effect and successful. Right now,  I use a printout weekly schedule which goes hour by hour. I start by filling in my classes, clubs, sleep, and meal times. Then I add study time and breaks throughout the day. I do leave some blank so in case something pops up I can address that without breaking my schedule. This has helped me a lot. Some people think making a detailed can cause you to stress out because then if you don't stick to it then you are frustrated. To me, it doesn't because if I stick to it then I am doing good. If I don't stick to it I ask why. Maybe this week I had projects or errands or an emergency so I was behind, well then I can't get upset because I needed these done and they are not a consistent thing. But, if I am always behind because I scheduled too much fun time or not enough study time or whatever, then I would simply adjust the schedule so I can stick to one. So this is how I will manage this class. I also take a break between each section that I do. I could power through everything or today's assignments but they wouldn't be as well done and I wouldn't be as relaxed if I would of simply taken a 10min break. That is my "reward" or "treat" to help motivate me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment